NEW: THE DUTCH NATIONAL TOURING OPERA CONCEPT CHALLENGE!
The Dutch National Touring Opera (Nederlandse Reisopera) is pleased to announce the opportunity for young stage-directors to deliver a concept for our upcoming new production of Jevgeni Onjegin, a reduced version of Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin in 2019/20.
The requirements for this production for young talent are:
– The length of the piece should be no longer than 1h15m.
– The version should cut out all scenes for chorus.
– The concept has to be delivered complete, with set- and costume-designs.
– The language will be in Russian.
– This production will tour in The Netherlands and will be performed in smaller theatres; production flexibility is a pre.
– The production will be accompanied by a reduced musical ensemble.
The deadline for handing in the concepts is Friday, March 23rd 2018 via email to artistic manager Josef Fuchs: email@example.com.
The successful candidates will be required to present their designs on Wednesday, April 18 2018 in Enschede to general manager Nicolas Mansfield and the head of all relevant departments (production, costume, make-up and technique).
The winning artistic team will be offered a regular contract and will get paid for their work in accordance with the common fee structure of the Nederlandse Reisopera.
Applicants can be no older than 39 years at time of application. To formalize your application the non-returnable application fee of € 75,00 is required to be payed before December 31st 2017.
- I. Tschaikowski – Jevgeni Onjegin
Rehearsal start: Monday, September 30th 2019
Premiere: Friday, November 1st 2019
Last performance: end of 2019